Saturday, November 3, 2012

Cupcake Costume

We have a deliciously sweet granddaughter who was a cupcake for Halloween!  Her mother sent me this picture for inspiration and here is what I can up with.


This was super simple to make.  

1)  Buy a t-shirt and slit it down the back




2)   Cut a strip of brown felt --  mine is about 14" wide and 60 " long.   Next make a pintuck about every inch.  I did not measure,  just folded and sewed how easy is that!

3)  Now stitch the felt onto the shirt, stretching the shirt as you sew.  I stitched mine a couple of inches down from the armhole.


4)  The pink frosting is just a circle with a scalloped edge and felt circles.

5)  Finally, I stitched velcro onto the little dress and frosting.

Here's the little cutie pie (or should I say cake)!





1 comment: