1) Open up the hem and remove the braid.
2) On the wrong side, pin the bottom of the braid at the new hem mark (if it's easier, you can press the new hemline in first).
3) Make on opening in the side seam lining.
4) With right sides together, make sure dress and lining are even and then pin through all layers .
5) Stitch about 1/4 inch from bottom of braid through all layers.
6) Trim excess dress and lining being careful not to cut the braid.
7) Turn right side out and stitch on the lining close to the seam. You can access this through the opening in the lining. If the braid is wide, you can stitch along the top edge also.
8) This is what is will look like from the lining side.
9) Now stitch up the lining side seam and you are all finished!!
Next week I will show how to add braid to a dress without a lining.
It's done go here to see it.