Saturday, July 2, 2011

Little Girl's Purse Pattern

You may recall this purse and that I promised a pattern.   FINALLY!!!  Here's the newest version and tutorial.  Click on the two links below for the pattern.
Pin It




1)  Cut out according to directions on the pattern.






2) Add interfacing to front, back, flap, strap, and bottom-side piece.  I used an iron-on fleece to give the purse some body.  This is what it looks like:




3) Fold the little tab in half and press


Now open up and fold each side to center and press again






Now fold in half once again and stitch close to each long edge


4)  Position tab in the center of the front and about 1 and 1/2 inches from the top.  Turn the ends under a scant 1/4" and stitch like the picture below.





5)   Stitch flap and lining together leaving the straight edge open.  Clip curves, turn, press and topstitch 1/4" from the edge.  ***Note--All seam allowances are 1/4"












6)  Stitch the bottom and side piece to the front and back.  You will need to clip the corner.  I reinforced the seam before I clipped it.






This is what it will look like after it is stitched together.
Trim corner




7)   Here it is so far:








8)  Turn right side out









9)    Sew lining to strap, leaving both ends open.  Clip curves, turn, press, and top stitch 1/4" from edge.





10)  Pin flap to back edge and the ends of the strap to each side.







11)  Sew lining together leaving a 2-3" opening along one side of the bottom.


  

12) Set purse inside lining with right sides together and pin along top edge.  Flap and strap should be inside.


13)  Stitch around the top



14)  Turn right side out by pulling the purse through the opening you left in the bottom.  Now stitch up the opening


15)  Press the edge and topstitch .







All done!  Here's the finished product.








Here are the links to the pattern.  Enjoy!


page 1


page 2
Enhanced by Zemanta

11 comments:

  1. What a cute little bag - and a great tutorial!

    I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/
    Have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric you used! What a cute little purse. Visiting from Sew Cute Tuesdays.

    ~ Kimberlee at The Spunky Diva 

    ReplyDelete
  3. so darling!! i love it and this is a great tutorial:) Thanks so much for linking up to "Tell me Tuesdays!"
    xoxo
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-link-up-2.html. I hope to see you soon!
    ~Macy from Confessions of a SAHM

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and my 2 nieces will love it (sending them the link now). Thanks for sharing the pattern and tutorial.
    I'm a new follower, stopped by via the Sugar & Spice Blog hop...Hope you will like my blog too:

    http://slipstitchesandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I love purses!
    Found ya on Tea Rose Home : )
    Come check out my awesome purse giveaway!

    http://dahlingkadie.blogspot.com/2011/06/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou, that is one cute bag, something I will need to file away for when my lil miss is older :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of that purse! I will be making it. I found you from Tea Rose Home, which I found on Google:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this purse!!! you are so clever!!! thank you for sharing the pattern. I make purses too but not with a sewing machine, I knit them! I like them with of fabric thought they look amazing! You can see my latest on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    Love your site, my question is........I was able to print off the free pattern for the Little Girls Purse, but can not get the instructions to print, can you help me on how to get the all of the info on this purse ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. These purses are so adorable and you've made it look so easy.
    Little girl’s purse

    ReplyDelete