1) Cut out according to directions on the pattern.
2) Add interfacing to front, back, flap, strap, and bottom-side piece. I used an iron-on fleece to give the purse some body. This is what it looks like:
3) Fold the little tab in half and press
Now open up and fold each side to center and press again
Now fold in half once again and stitch close to each long edge
4) Position tab in the center of the front and about 1 and 1/2 inches from the top. Turn the ends under a scant 1/4" and stitch like the picture below.
5) Stitch flap and lining together leaving the straight edge open. Clip curves, turn, press and topstitch 1/4" from the edge. ***Note--All seam allowances are 1/4"
6) Stitch the bottom and side piece to the front and back. You will need to clip the corner. I reinforced the seam before I clipped it.
|This is what it will look like after it is stitched together.|
14) Turn right side out by pulling the purse through the opening you left in the bottom. Now stitch up the opening
15) Press the edge and topstitch .
All done! Here's the finished product.
Here are the links to the pattern. Enjoy!