Monday, February 21, 2011

It's Prom Time

  My clothing rack is almost full,





My closets are starting to get full,

and there are sequins everywhere!  This can only mean one thing--it's prom time!!  No more fun sewing   for awhile.  I did manage to make a couple skirts for myself using Simplicity # 3845.  I  added a lining to both skirts  (I always add a lining to skirts).  The first is made from a navy wool gabardine and the second from a beige linen.   Good pattern for a simple skirt!

Tip:  Don't always play it safe with linings--it's fun to add the unexpected!



Over the next couple of months I will blog about altering prom, wedding, and other special occasion dresses.  If you have any questions about alterations, leave me a comment and I will try and answer them!

3 comments:

  1. Could you do a post about adding a lining to a special occasion dress? I am making flower girl dresses for a friend's wedding and the pattern we bought does not include a lining. So to line it I though I would cut out two of each pattern piece (one of the fabric, one of lining) baste the two pieces together then sew according to directions. Is that a good method?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you talk about shortening a dress for a women who wants a tea-length hem in the front and longer hem in the back. What do I do with the lining? Should it be the same length as the front? Otherwise it will show hanging in the back? Should it be attached to the "tail in the back"?

    ReplyDelete