1) Pin the bustle. This is actually the hardest part. Take your time and try to pin on seams or embellishments. This example had three pins.
2) Mark the spots that were pinned together--I just use pins .
2) Cut two 12" pieces of ribbon for each bustle.
TIP: If you are doing more than two or three bustles you may want to use a different pastel color ribbon for each pair--it can get a little confusing!
TIP: Grosgrain is a good choice because it doesn't slip like satin
3) Turn end under about 1/2" and pin on underside.
4) On right side, stitch in the seam to anchor securely.
This is how it will look from the lining side:
If there is not a seam for every bustle, try stitching through an embellishment.
7) Now pair up the ribbons and tie in a bow
Here's what this finished bustle looks like: